Thursday, 28 February 2008

Coming back together at last

One of the things that irritated me about the extruder was the time it took to open the pump and close it again. To make it slightly less fiddly I replaced the lock nuts with a pair of threaded steel plates :-

I used Forrest's recipe for cooling fluid while drilling these. It worked a treat, I had no idea you needed cooling when drilling steel to prevent the drill from being burnt.

The springs I used first time around that came from an old CD player weren't quite strong enough but I found some better ones in the hinges of an A3 scanner I dismantled recently. Six of these held the lid open.

Here they are installed on the machine :-

I should be extruding again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment