I knocked up an HDPE pot with a screw top lid that just the right size to hold it: -
The outside diameter of the adapter is about 48.5mm so I made the pot I.D. 50mm to allow some clearance. It actually shrank to 48.5mm, so it is a snug fit. Lucky it didn't shrink any more!
I made the thread using the helix tool in CoCreate. You draw a 2D profile and then use the helix tool to spin that round an axis, specifying the pitch. The dimensions were just a stab in the dark: I made the crest of the thread 0.8mm as that is two layers (Nyquist sampling theorem) and made the sides 1mm long 45° slopes, so that made the crest height 0.7mm. The minimum pitch with this profile would be about 3mm so I made it 3.5mm to give some clearance. I also made the the lid 1mm bigger radius so there is 0.3mm clearance from peak to corresponding valley.
A couple of things I missed which would make it easier to engage: -
- The thread starts abruptly, but it should have a tapered lead in.
- Both the pot and the lid should have a few millimetres with no thread to aid lining them up before the thread engages.
I am slowly homing in on getting rafts peel-able for HDPE. I made this with the first layer outline hotter than its infill :-
HDPE.raft_temp = 215Most of it peeled with a little encouragement from a chisel at one side.
HDPE.first_outline_temp = 230
HDPE.first_layer_temp = 205
HDPE.layer_temp = 240